Thursday, July 25, 2013

I'm Back!

I simply must get a handle on this.  I've decided to share my thoughts, celebrate my successes and put the crummy part behind me. 

The Good Thing
  1. I gave up my addiction to CANDY last November.  It was Election Day to be exact.  A great sense of accomplishment.  One day I hope to enjoy those hard little Cadbury Eggs and Candy Corn again.
  2. It's been 7+ weeks since I stopped drinking Diet Coke.  Realized I was drinking more POP than water.  And since I have a drink in my hand at all times during waking hours, I decided it was time for a break.  So YES, I am taking a break from Diet Coke and all soda.
  3. Tonight as I write late at night, I have decided that I MUST stop all SUGAR!  When I leave it alone, I stop craving it and over eating. 
  4. Tonight I realized that I MUST get back to eating more often.  Every 3-4 hours.
The Bad Thing
  1. I have not exercised since going to Sun River the first part of June. ugh  Enjoyed bike riding and swimming and would like to get back to that.
  2. I stopped using MyFitness Pal.
  3. Which means I stopped tracking my calories and journaling.
  4. I have been snacking late at night after Dear Hubs goes to bed.
  5. I have avoided my blog because of my disappointment in myself.
The UGLY
  1. Reality. I am now borderline/pre-diabetic.  Blood sugar is not too high yet, but I seriously need to get a grip on my health.
  2. My summer clothes don't fit and I had to get a few new things for vacation.
  3. I still have 50 lbs to lose to reach my goal. 
  4. I am discouraged and mad at myself.
  5. I have totally avoided the scale.
I CAN DO THIS - YES I CAN!  One day at a time.  My commitment is still there, I'm just going to have to work EXTRA hard to DO IT!  I AM HEALTHY! I AM FIT!  I AM BACK and on my way!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can do it sweet friend! I'd love to cheer you on so please keep posting! Don't stay mad at yourself - the past is in the past now! No changing any of that so just move forward and only celebrate the good - every step, big or small, is still a step forward in the right direction! Let me know how I can support you! You CAN do it!

Cindy @ Weaving Friendships said...

Dear L...I so like you and your can do attitude! Thank for your support. I am still working on getting my head in the right place. Each day is a new one and I can do this!